I have been tagged a few times on Facebook to complete this "25 random thoughts" meme. I chose to post it here on my blog because folks who are not on Facebook (I know some of those folks exist) can consider themselves tagged.
Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25
random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25
people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I
tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you (or I think
you'll come up with really entertaining things).
1. I missed a conference call with Andrew Shue
this morning and I'm not happy about it.
2. I was super close to going to culinary school in my late twenties but decided against it for two reasons: one, I read A Women's Place is in the Kitchen
and two, I realized cooking was one of my favorite hobbies, not my passion.
3.While I'm learning how to play the guitar, I'm obsessed with playing the drums.
4. I sing while I drive. (I don't care if you see me.)
5. I let my dog sleep on my bed when my husband travels. Shhh, don't tell him.
6. I love tulips.
7. Since we went to Kauai for our holiday vacation, I have spent time every day trying to figure out a way to make Kauai our home. Dear Poipu Beach, I miss you terribly. Thank you for giving me back inner peace. Love, Me.
8. If "Name That Tune" were still on television, I would kick every contestant's ass with my wicked knowledge of music from the 70s, 80s and 90s.
9. No, we still don't own a television. But I still know what's happening on "The Young and the Restless." (And I am a Shick fan.) And "General Hospital." (When will Dr. Noah Drake make another return visit? Sigh.)
10. Working on this HBO documentary
was one of the greatest experiences in my life because I was able to work with my husband.
11. Number 10 also caused me to one, almost pierce my belly button and two, almost try street luge (my husband talked me out of it. Something about not letting him skydive, blah blah blah.)
12. Whenever I watch the clip posted in 10, I realize how much I love the song "Ride" By Joe Satriani.
13. After watching said video clip, I also start to say, "Yeah, baby, it's time to get sicko." Often.
14. When I got married, I had smokin' arms from weight training with my brothers for two years. Hey arms…mama wants you back.
15. I am Salvadoran and Irish. Translated, this means I do not put up with much and my temper is as fiery as your spiciest hot salsa.
16. Number 15 occasionally gets me into trouble.
18. I love reading to my kids.
19. I love finding my boys sitting in a quiet corner huddled up and quietly reading books.
20. Also? I love watching my boys play baseball with their dad. It melts my heart in a way I never dreamed.
21. My kids have inherited little idiosyncrasies from when I was a kid, like sleeping with a million stuffed animals and dunking hot cookies in cold milk. What surprises me is that I've never mentioned these habits to them–they both happened on their own, which is really weird and really endearing.
22. I want to be involved in building a new house for our family. Not just picking out the details. I want to be a part of the crew that builds it
. It's simply in my genes
23. I have a really difficult time watching movies that include violence and this only started after I had kids. To understand how radical this is for me, you must know that my favorite television show used to be "Homicide: Life on the Streets
." (My favorite character was played by Reed Diamond.)
24. I love having our friends over for dinner. I wish we could do it more often.
25. My first official magazine piece will be in the March 2009 issue of Wondertime magazine. Buy it!